What you cook is important, but “how you are cooking” is even more. You’ll love the convenience of a best electric pressure cooker when it comes to cooking with ease and perfection.
You might have the dozen of the tasty recipes to cook but if your cooking technique is not perfect, you are wasting the resources.
Thanks to its steam retaining system, pressure cooker maintains the nutritional aspect of the foods. In fact, the hermetic closure system of cookware helps to reduce the loss of vitamins and minerals which are wasted with the traditional means of cooking.
Pressure cooker basically combines temperature and pressure for quick cooking while getting desired results. Inside temperature exceeds 100°c and consequently the steam increases the internal pressure. Meal preparation time decreases considerably.
Due to the widely available product line in the market today, choosing the best electric pressure cooker that suits your needs is not only difficult indeed but it also needs proper research to compare features and prices. This exercise is not only time-consuming but sometimes exhaustive too. Here you will find best electric pressure cooker reviews and top picks among the list.
- 1 Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Cookers Reviews
- 2 Pressure Cooker History
- 3 How Pressure Cooker Works
- 4 Advantages of Pressure Cooker
- 5 Types of Pressure Cooker
- 6 What to Look Before Buying?
- 7 Final Verdict
Top 5 Best Electric Pressure Cookers Reviews
Pressure Cooker History
The invention of the pressure cooker is attributed to the French inventor Denis Papin who patented a prototype in 1679, this prototype was called digester and at that time was not successful commercially. In the 1920s they began to market pressure cookers, but it was not until after World War II that they spread.
Over the years basic model continued its advancement to today’s technological models. It must be said that the pressure cooker has a historic significance that few people know this fact Denis Papin discovered the idea of the steam engine.
Today it is back in fashion and offered in high-tech version. The world of digital advancement can also be witnessed here, to offer increasingly advanced functions and to ensure results that go beyond perfection.
In fact, planning an electric pressure cooker assure you to cook the meal when you are not at home, something that guarantees you dinner ready when you return home from work when you are too tired to get in the kitchen.
How Pressure Cooker Works
With a pressure cooker, cooking time is drastically reduced enabling you to cook the meal quickly. Pressure cooker not only cooks the food faster but also retains more nutrients and vitamins ingredients compared to other forms of cooking.
The operating principle is based on established fact that boiling point automatically increases when pressure is increased. Once the cover is closed, the pressure in the cooker begins to increase.
Inside pressure elevates the boiling point of water beyond 120 Celsius degrees. High pressure creates steam with higher heat content and therefore, this hot steam cooks the food, thus making the cooking process faster and more efficient.
Advantages of Pressure Cooker
Pressure cooking technique has the advantage of energy saving compared to traditional cooking methods. The following is a list of the benefits that can be achieved when using a pressure cooker,
- Fast: Traditional cooking method takes 2-3 hours to boil some pounds of beef. By using the best pressure cooker this time is dramatically reduced by 70%. Just imagine saving your 2-3 hours daily by just employing the time-saving cooker. You can spend this time in some other creative activities or with your family or even you can prepare other dishes and garnish the table to make it more pleasant to whom you will serve the food.
- Healthy: Research has shown that pressure cooker retains more vitamins and minerals. In the traditional cooking method, essential mineral and vitamins are lost with evaporation but in the case of a pressure cooker, steam is retained which ultimately results in retention of nutritious elements of the food.
- Efficient: Latest models of pressure cooker are versatile in cooking and offer various advanced features. Like slow cooking or keeping your meal warm once they are cooked. They are also non-stick and their handles remain cool. Cleaning is not a big deal as they can also be washed in the dishwasher.
- Economical: Because it is efficient by about 70%, imagine how much electricity or gas you’ll save simply by speeding up the cooking process. So if you want to save the energy, now is the time to buy the best electric pressure cooker.
- Simple: Modern pressure cookers are very convenient and easy to use. Digital functionality allows you to configure the cooking time. Just add water and monitor the process. The pressure cooking is like cooking with traditional methods except for the fact that you need to add a little water and requires much less time.
- Clean: no more splashes and sprays that make your kitchen and stove dirty this is because the pressure cooker is sealed by a leak proof top with gasket and locking system.
- Safe: the modern cooking pots are 100% secure. They are designed to allow the excess pressure to vent anytime thanks to safety valves and vent. Therefore, they do not explode ever. The presences of multiple security checks in pressure cooker make it safe to use in your kitchen.
Types of Pressure Cooker
Now when you have the basic understanding of pressure cooker, its history, and functionality now is the time to dive a little deep and probe the types of a pressure cooker. There are basically two types of the pressure cooker.
- Stove-Top Pressure Cooker
- Electric Pressure Cooker
Stove top is a traditional pressure cooker and has less advance and security features. You have to monitor the pressure for best cooking results.
While best electric pressure cooker has high-security features. These models are able to have more than two pressure settings. This allows you to change the pressure inside the vessel in order to have more control over the way the food is cooked.
They have several preset cooking modes which give you the almost infinite combination of cooking techniques to get the perfect presentation of your dish.
Before the invention of the electric pressure cooker, the stove top was the only one on the market. Its design has changed over the years to meet the needs of different users. Some may argue that this is the best choice for pressure cooking, but couldn’t explain why. Below we will provide you with a more objective view based on cogent data and several reviews written by users.
- It usually takes about 11 minutes to reach sufficient pressure, compared with about 14 minutes of the electric pressure cooker.
- Do not underestimate the safety aspect. These pans are equipped with safety valves to release the excess pressure.
- Can be used and stored as a normal pot.
- These type of pressure cooker can be used with stove, bonfire, and barbecue.
- These models usually don’t come with the timer function and cooking presets.
- Temperature needs to be manually controlled.
- You can’t control the pressure.
- Some models are made of aluminum, which means they are not very durable.
Electric Pressure Cooker
You have full control over cooking by programming and adjusting the different settings as per your requirement. You can change the levels of temperature and pressure with just a single click. Digital displays are here for the easy and immediate reading of settings, timer, temperature and pressure.
For quick and quality cooking while retaining vitamins and essential minerals, the electric pressure cooker is a must. Although it is a comparatively new cookware but it has a huge impact on the optimization of pressure cooking!
- Temperature and pressure can be controlled. This eliminates the hassle of manually control the flame, which you can’t do with a traditional model where we have to keep an eye on both the flame and time.
- Many models have several pressure settings. Various presets are mentioned on these types of cooker to make your cooking as easy as it could be. Like “Meat Cooking”, “High Pressure”, “Low Pressure”, and so on. Can also be used to cook the rice.
- Temperature control is fully automated. Just select the time, pressure and the cooking and you are ready to begin!
- These models incorporate a timer to keep track of cooking time. You are no more required to watch over the pressure cooker in the fear that it could burn food.
- Some advanced models allow you to delay the start of cooking by several hours. This setting comes handy and enables you to choose the desired settings before you leave so that your meal will be ready when you return to the home. This is perhaps the best feature of an electric pressure cooker.
- The microcomputer chip in these templates helps to prevent excessive pressure build up, and this helps prevent accidents.
- When compared to stove top, these are a little larger.
- Some newer models can be used as a normal electric pot. But generally, cannot be used except for a pressure cooking.
The electric pressure cooker much-appreciated advancement. With so many automated functions, cooking becomes really easy, fast and above all comfortable. If you have enough space, and already have a common and simple pot for other cooking needs, an electric pressure cooker is perfect!
|STOVE TOP PRESSURE COOKER||ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER|
|May be equipped with one or two pressure settings with option to make desired changes||May have two or more pressures for more control over cooking|
|Either Aluminum or Stainless Steel used for manufacturing||Made up from Stainless steel|
|Need stove as source of heat||This type of pressure cooker have own source of heat so it doesn't need stove.|
|The electric heat source is responsible for adjusting the working pressure|
|Steam is released when cover is removed from the pot||It has a spring valve to the release the steam|
|Externally insulated to prevent any burning accident|
|Cheaper and can also be used as a normal pot|
What to Look Before Buying?
To answer this question we should understand your needs. For how many people you have to Cook? How frequently would you use? All this can be summed up in the following points.
Stainless Steel or Aluminum?
Stainless steel pressure cookers are widely available in the market today. With their convenience and versatility, you can prepare a nearly unlimited number of items. Stainless steel doesn’t react with food and is very durable, resistant to scratches and corrosion. These features make stainless steel somewhat expensive.
Pressure cooker made from aluminum is cheaper while at the same time they are the better conductor of heat than stainless steel.
Durability is not as solid as stainless steel and can react with some acidic foods.
Selection between the two heavily depends on the two important features,
- Useful Life.
The aluminum models are economically more convenient and at the same time, this metal is a better conductor of heat, though their design and quality are not good.
A stainless steel pressure cooker is generally more expensive but lasts longer. However, various brands of pressure cookers are now using aluminum in the bottom of the pressure cooker for better heat distribution.
If budget is limited, it’s fair to choose an aluminum pot, but if the quality and durability are the top priority, then a stainless steel model is the best choice. In fact, stainless steel pressure cooker is more economical in the long run.
Selection of pressure cooker size is very crucial because it involves various factors. Choosing the wrong size could cause total failure of your cooking skills. Generally, pressure cooker size ranges from 4 quart to 23 quart. Most domestically used sizes are 4 quart, 6 quart and 8 quart. Larger sizes are meant for professional use.
- 4 quart – This is the ideal size for singles, couples who don’t cook multiple portions.
- 6 quart – This is the most popular size and most of the recipes are prepared for 6 qt pressure cooker. Ideal for families of up to 4 people.
- 8 quart – This is the best choice for large families of 6-8 persons or if you are planning to cook for 8 guests.
- 10 quart – This is meant for professional use. A professional cook is able to handle this size meant for above 8 persons.
Don’t underestimate this tiny requirement. A pressure cooker with handle is a must because pot becomes heavy when filled with water. Apart from this, stove top pressure cooker is difficult to move when it is hot. If you want to avoid to burn your hand, select the cooker with handles. Be noted that handles shall not conduct heat.
Non-stick pots are ok for traditional cooking but never go for this option with the pressure cooker. Intense internal pressure and long use of pressure cooker may peel off the non-stick surface. This situation may lead to the mixing of such stuff into your food. So do you want to eat such stuff in food? The fair answer is no to the non-stick pressure cooker.
Pressure Cooker Brands
Several manufacturers make pressure cooker and you are required to select the one that has been in business for a long time with a good reputation. This is particularly important because over time you may need to replace parts of the pressure cooker. The company should be in business for the availability of spare parts as these parts can not be purchased from other manufacturers.
Try to buy your cookware from renowned retailers as well and check if they sell spare parts. Your research will make it easier to acquire the parts when needed.
Always buy a pressure cooker with a cover locking system. It is an essential feature from the security perspective. This system will automatically lock the cover while the pressure is high. It is unlocked once the pressure is securely lowered. It will also not allow the pressure to build up until the cover is in place correctly. This mechanism is primarily responsible for eliminating 98% accidents that can cause from inappropriate use of a pressure cooker.
Some pressure cookers also have a visual indicator of pressure for safety. It lets you know the internal pressure of the cooker. It’s best to look for models that offer a secondary pressure release system to release excessive pressure.
Cost of Pressure Cooker
Price varies due to various models and features offered by manufacturers. Additional features and updates of the basic features will also increase the cost. Never think about lower price is a good deal. The best deal may be a more expensive option that will suit most of your cooking needs. Safety must come first, followed by ease of use.
It’s the right time to invest in a healthier meal and to achieve this, you need to equip your kitchen with the needs of the modern era. For just a few bucks, the best electric pressure cooker will enrich your taste buds with great meals in no time. Your friends and family will be amazed by the results. You will feel proud.
Be noted that your purchase is a long-term investment that will serve you and your family for a long time period. So it is important to take time and find the best electric pressure cooker according to your needs. If you are in tight budget, avoid cooker made from the lower quality material that can affect your cooking.